Friday, July 17, 2015

Fun with Fonts 1

It's fun to play with fonts and mix and match them.  I found the coolest (free!!) online tool to compare all the fonts on your computer! (I found the tip here).  The webiste is Wordmark.it.  You type a word or phrase in the box and hit "load fonts" and it will give a bunch of options. (Mine displayed 93 fonts and gave me the option to load more fonts five times. (I have a lot of fonts, continue reading!)

You have a few options (in the black bar across the top) like making them negative, making them smaller or larger, or even comparing selected fonts.

Here, I compared a few of the fonts. 

It gets better! While I was putting this blog post together, I decided to see if I could do a longer phrase! I can!  First I did a short phrase (7 words)


Next I tried a longer phrase!  It still works!  Some of the letters are a little cramped, but this would be great to get an idea of how to write a phrase in a cool font!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips Julie. This is great, now if I could find a program to draw doodles, hearts etc. that can be colored (not already in color), I think I would be able to create coloring pages that can be printed out. By the way, you are an inspiration, praying for your progress. God bless.

    ReplyDelete