Friday, July 17, 2015

Getting started

Recently, I came across the idea of Bible Journaling.  Bible Journaling is kind of a mix of coloring books, scrapbooking, and studying God's word. Some people completely cover the text (like an "altered book"), some use a journaling Bible, and others use a separate notebook.  I started with a separate notebook--actually a spiral bound sketch book I found at Wal-Mart for $5. I am working my way through Proverbs.

My current supplies include:

  • Colored pencils (and sharpener)
  • Gel Pens (I got a 24 "Ultra Glide Ink" ball point pens from "Write Dudes" at Sam's club for about $8.)
  • Crayons
  • A thin line Sharpie (I don't use much because it bleeds through)
  • An assortment of pens and markers left over from my scrapbooking days.


I have a set of watercolor pencils that I haven't mastered yet, and I want to experiment with watercolor/acrylic paints. I also have a new KJV Journaling Bible that I won! I have not started working in it yet.




Some great websites I've found to help me get started:

Darlene at Time Warp Wife and her Facebook Group: Bible Journaling has given me much inspiration. Amber at Doodle My Faith <--- I won my journaling Bible from a giveaway on her site!

And of course, I have found lots of help from Pinterest!  My boards related to Bible Journaling are:

Bible Journaling
Fonts and Printables
Hand Lettering
Doodle
Grown Up Coloring Pages
Draw a....

I also use Google--a lot!--for ideas on how to draw something!




No comments:

Post a Comment